06/09/2015

HOW TO GET DRESSED QUICK IN THE MORNING: UNI EDTITION









Emma wearing French Connection Jumper, Pull and Bear turtleneck (underneath), Cheap Monday jeans, Prada Backpack and Adidas Stan Smiths.


Unless you're Kylie Jenner and have a stylist + an enormous clothing AND shoe wardrobe, we've all experienced the morning madness of trying to find an outfit in the morning. Especially being late to class because your brain couldn't function on creating the outfit you pictured and having to run for the train. Trust me, we've ALL been there. Luckily, here are a few of my tips to getting dressed in the morning. Here it goes...

How to dress when you're not a morning person and have to go to uni, a story by me:

#1  PLAN YOUR OUTFIT THE NIGHT BEFORE


This is probably common sense, but for me- this helps, a lot! Usually when i wake up in the morning, i visually picture my wardrobe and what i should wear that day whilst still in bed haha. This allows me to stay in my warm cocoon a tiny bit longer, whilst also saving time and knowing what i'll be wearing when i finally pull myself away from my bed.

#2 REVOLVE YOUR OUFIT AROUND A PIECE OF CLOTHING


I usually chose my outfit based around a piece of clothing e.g. a jumper. By revolving it around the jumper, it definately makes it 10x easier to chose what pants/ shoes to match it with. I usually opt for a black/grey jumper or top then coordinate it with either a coat (depending on how cold it is) or a puffer vest. 

#3 ORGANIZE YOUR SCHOOL BAG THE NIGHT BEFORE


My morning's are pretty crazy... and i snooze my alarm probably 15 times until i actually find the strength to get up. This results in getting ready in less than 20 minutes, including eating breakfast, brushing my teeth and getting changed. The last thing on my mind is what i need to pack for the day (or if i have an assignment due that day, and have a mini panic attack when i realise its on my desk). Learn from my mistakes and pack your bag the night before, kids!! 

#4 WEAR BLACK


If you're on a strict time limit, wear an entire black outfit. This saves time on trying to match different pieces together and you're good to go! Aint nobody got time to match colours

#5 CHECK THE WEATHER 


Do yourself a favour, and check the weather. Rocking up to class drenched because you forgot to pack an umbrella/ wearing something suitable for the cold is definitely your own fault haha. Don't be the person wearing a mini skirt and crop top when its 10 degrees outside! I forgive you this time, but pls love yourself.

- Emma xx

@emxreblog


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig